Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Works on Want2FindU, Starts

Works on Want2FindU,starts
.....
.......with my Nightmare on App Store



Nightmare on App Store

I've just bought a Macintosh to do my project with it. However I cannot login with my Chinese Account. 
What is worse, I cannot pay for the apps with my Chinese Credit Card. So I have to wait for activating my BOA card to continue setting up my new Apple ID.

This blocked my process on FaceMatch, and cannot follow my milestones in proposal.
So I did some reading instead and re-organized my thoughts.


1. Want2FindU will be a web application

2. Want2FindU will be written in python    /* to speed up, and keep in pace with the milestones. */
      - OpenCV for Python

3.Database of Want2FindU
     As I mentioned before, I want to use the portraits in Facebook or other Social Networks. But there is a PROBLEM.

     The users of the Social Networks just don't like to use the FRONTAL FACIAL IMAGE.
     However , if I ask the user to draw a picture of someone. I possibly receive a frontal facial image.

     I have some SOLUTIONS

      1. forget this problem, because there are billions of users in Facebook. There must be millions of people who uses the frontal facial image.

      2. change the 2D input image into 3D image
            -- 3D Face Reconstruction Using A Single 2D Frontal Facial Image
             http://jccit.ccit.ndu.edu.tw/ezfiles/7/1007/img/18/40-1-17_No-415.pdf

   
      3. change the 2D side facial image in database into  2D frontal facial image
            -- I didn't know if someone had done this before. But I think it is possible, because we are so familiar with the feature of a face and most of the faces are symmetrical.
            ( I will try solution 3 this week. and if I can find out the solution, I will post it on my blog)

      4. forget the Social Network. Set up my own web application, to ask the user take a photo from the laptop camera following the rules.

      5. forget the Social networks and my own Web application, just use some existing front facial image dataset.

      solution 1&5 seems easier for me.
      solution 2 is a little bit difficult.
      solution 3 | 4 is the most possible solution that I will use.

4. My Work & existing sketch-based image searching


       I did some comparasion between Want2FindU and other software(/image searching engine) , and did some analyze.
       http://want2findu.blogspot.com/2012/04/about-mindfinder-and-facematch.html


     This Week's goal;
        1. handle the problem with Apple ID.
        2. try to work out a way to change the side facial image into front facial image.
        3. start my work on Want2FindU
     




No comments:

Post a Comment