Sunday, April 8, 2012

About the FaceMatch

About the Want2FindU
I've got this idea many years ago, but only by now, with the wide spreading of Social Networks,  I can finally see the  chance to turn it into reality.

What is Want2FindU?
In my imagination, it will be an application that allow the users to draw a face of someone, and then searching for the most closely matches.

Problems:
0.people are not all artists.
1.Color Photo May Bring a Lot of Obstacles.
10.The Photos in Social Network is not Regular




PROBLEMS I: people are not all artists.


However, I have to admit that the faces is not very easy to draw for the ordinary people, who are not experts in painting. Therefore, I have to offer some functions to help in the process of organizing the pictures.
( I asked my friend to try to copy my photos. Even when I knew that it might be terrible, didn't I realize that it could be horrible)
This is the original photo of ME:





















This is my friend's painting:
 ( we find that the first raw of the painting, seems like Picasso's work)
 ( The following one is interesting, I thinks it seems like Michael Jackson)







POSSIBLE SOLUTIONI:
   Provide some different kinds of features for users to drag to the canvas.
  ( I don't know if you once played this game, I think in some degree, I got this idea from it. )
















PROBLEMS II: Color Photo May Bring a Lot of Obstacles.


  Color photo contains more content, and rocket up the time consumption. However, I think the color concentrate more on the detail than the outline. When we see a picture, even a gray-scale picture or a black-white picture, we can figure out the person in that picture. In some degree, Color in image influence both the user and the searching process.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION II:
 Change the photo into gray-scale image: (R,G,B) -> int gray = R*0.3 + G*0.59 + B*0.11;
or Change it into black&white image by setting the THRESHOLD 128. 




PROBLEMS III:  The Photos in Social Network is not Regular

This is one of the portrait I used
 in the "Chinese Facebook" ---
 renren.com


As you can see...
This can't be a valuable picture 
in my application









POSSIBLE SOLUTION III:
 Add a function to ask the user capture their photo with the camera in their laptop or smartphone.
 or Just add some requirements.


 this is a picture I used in the in20year.com
It's a website, that can show what you will look like in 20 years.
 However when I put my photos( right, small one), The feedback really scared me.

But I learn a lesson from that, we should ask the user to put right, regular photo.








No comments:

Post a Comment