Wednesday, April 25, 2012

OpenCV & Python2.7 on Mac OS X

Finally wake up  from the NightMare....

but.....another nightmare...in app store...made me change the name of my blog...


1.Setting up OpenCV on Mac OS X (binding Python2.7) 

        http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/Mac_OS_X_OpenCV_Port


      1. download and install macports( http://www.macports.org/ )
            1.1 Mac OS X has already come with Python


      2. sudo port -v install opencv +python27
(before that remember to install command line tools in Xcode. or it will 
result in the conflicks in the installing process )
(Xcode -> preference -> components -> command line tools, then install it)


2. Start with OpenCV and Python2.7



    After spend the whole weekends dealing with setting up OpenCV with Python on Mac OS X, I finally start my project.


    Since OpenCV and Python are both open source, what I can refer to is very narrow. So I start with the The OpenCV Reference Manual




3. Track the Face and Eyes

       I write some small program in python 2.7, using openCV and haarcascades classifer.
       What I am able to do now is to locate the face, sometimes eyes in a photo...
       And also track the movement of the eyes and face from the video captured by webcam.
       



followings from webcam video
(seems this is a good way to find my eyes...)

 with glasses? it's ok, but.. we have to cut the influence...

s




4.What to do next?

   i.  Locate the Pupil (I mean.. the colorful part of the eyes.).
    ( 1. try to recognize circles in the given photo)
    ( 2. try to locate the circle inside the eyes ---- that is, pupil!)
  ii. Record the color of the eyes
 iii. Record the color of the face 

No comments:

Post a Comment