Wednesday, April 11, 2012

About the MindFinder AND Want2FindU

I found a short video of MindFinder in youtube.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAFNtG0TTTo
1) Shapes
2) Complicated pictures
3) Sketch + tag
4) Sketch + tag + Color( main colors)

So, what I am going to do is a little bit similar  to their work.
However there is something different:

1) POSITION SENSITIVE?
    in the  MindFinder, the seaching is position sensitive.
    That is "the matched object should be at a similar position" as the input sketch, for example, when you draw a triangle on the upper left, then the pictures presented will be have some triangles in the same position.

    However in the Want2FindU, I am going to use the API from face.com to locate the face in the photo. That is to say, Want2FindU doesn't have to be POSITION SENSITIVE. I will just do the comparison between the sketching and the face, located by the face.com API.
this is one example in face.com. I think you are very familiar with this kind of App
 

2) SHAPE SENSITIVE?
   Want2FindU will be shape sensitive.


3) TAGS?
     If I want to finish this project following my original idea ---- link this with Social Networks, some Tag showing the information of the person, such as Nationalities,  Address, Age will give me great help in searching.


4) COLOR?
     In MindFinder, the user can choose a main color of his searching to get the photo with similar color.
     I will going to use this technique as well, however, only the main color is not enough, because the color of eyes is also necessary when recognize a person.

5) what I will ADD?
    As I mentioned in my blog, I will ADD SOME FUNCTIONS to help the user in drawing the picture closer to what is in his mind.
    ..........

6) Method.
   Edgel Index, indexing strategy for large-scale sketch-based image search.
   ..... this may be my be my job on this weekends... @_@....

7)Difficulty 
    The differences in faces are much slighter than the differences in other kind of photos.
 
     /* in this picture, you can see how the MindFinder works.
         The outline of the pictures is very clear. That's we, the users can check if the result is closed to our imagination very easily, because other photos is totally different.
         However, when it comes to the faces......
         The shape of the eyes, nose, mouth, ears..... are similiar .
         So the Want2FindU requires high accuracy....
*/




   



No comments:

Post a Comment